This is the story of a day when Jesus fed thousands of people — with a little kid’s packed lunch!
Watch “Storytellers: Jesus Feeds 5000” together. Then, talk about these questions:
- When was the last time you went somewhere and had to bring your own food with you? (Maybe it was your school lunch, or a field trip, or a picnic with your family.)
- Imagine you were in the crowd that day listening to Jesus. What would you have seen? Heard? Smelled? (Let your imaginations run wild for a minute!)
- Now imagine you knew people were getting hungry while Jesus was teaching. Would you share your food, or keep it to yourself? What if Jesus asked YOU for your food? (What do we normally do when we’re asked to share?)
- Why do you think the kid gave the bread and fish to Jesus? How would you have felt — nervous? Happy? Brave? (Name some other “feeling words.”)
- What are some ways you can be ready to share with people who are in need? (Maybe it’s food, or money, or something else. Make a plan as a family and give it a try!)
…want some encouragement as you raise your kids? If you’re on this page, you’re already getting family activities to grow spiritually together…but sometimes we just need someone to remind us, “Hey, you got this parenting thing. You can do this.”
If that’s you (or someone close to you), text PARENT to 97-000 for weekly “booster shots” to get tips, encouragement, and wisdom sent straight to your phone!