Today we’re going to talk about TRUST. But what does that word even mean?
So if we TRUST someone, we believe they’re going to do what they say they’re going to do.
Here are some questions to get you thinking about TRUST:
- Who are some people you trusted yesterday? (Your teacher, your mom/dad, your sibling)
- Is it easy or hard to trust someone you’ve known for a long time?
- What can we do to trust each other more?
- How can we be more “trustworthy,” or worthy of people trusting us?
God wants us to trust Him, too. He wants us to believe what he says about us, like in the Bible verse we looked at last week:
Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?MATTHEW 6:25-26
Here are some questions to get you thinking about trusting GOD:
- Do we believe Jesus when he says God cares about us? Why (not)?
- Think about the last time you ate. Where did that food come from? Where did it come from before that? Keep going until you get to God. (Example: My plate. The fridge. The store. The farm. God made the plants grow!)
- What can we do to trust God more? (Pray, give money, do something brave or kind, etc.)
God, we know you want us to trust you. We want to believe You when you say you’ll take care of us and you love us. Help us to trust you today by ___________________. We love you. Amen!