DO: everyone take a turn and answer these questions:
- What’s your favorite story?
- Why do you love that story so much?
- What’s a story you used to like but you haven’t read/heard it in a while?
SAY: The bible can be a confusing book, but it’s really important that we keep learning how to use the bible because it’s one of the main ways God talks to us. Let’s watch 3 quick videos that help us understand a little more what the bible is:
PRACTICE: Now let’s practice reading a part of the bible together. Open a bible (paper copy or device) and turn to 1 Samuel 17:32-51. Read it out loud one time (you can do this in different ways – do what works best for your crew) and then try one (or all) of the following:
- Act it out (work together and dramatize it)
- Talk it out (1. What’s God saying? 2. What do we need to do about it?)
- Read it out loud (use some different translations. See how a passage comes alive when you read it in different versions)