Today, we’re going to watch a video and then play a game called “My Cup Runneth Over.”
Here’s what you need:
- Pitcher or vase
- Cups (1 for each person)
- A bucket of water
My Cup Runneth Over
Now you play!
- Stand or sit in a circle around the pitcher. If you’re indoors, put the pitcher in a tub or on a towel.
- When it’s your turn, fill your cup with water from the bucket and say one thing you’re thankful for. When you’re done, pour the water into the pitcher.
- Keep going around the circle.
- Eventually the pitcher is going to overflow — AWESOME! Look at how much God has blessed your family!
- Oh — and you should probably clean up if you make a mess.
Want to go deeper?
Trying to get your kids to go a little deeper than the usual (our house, the dog, my friends, etc.)? Here’s a list of questions to prompt them to think creatively about specific things they’re thankful for.
- God made your body (Psalm 139:13-14). What’s one ability you have that other people can’t do with their bodies?
- God made the whole world and everything in it (Psalm 24:1). What’s the coolest thing in nature?
- God gives us every good gift (James 1:17). What’s your favorite object in our home, and why is it important to you?
- God put you in your family for a reason (Psalm 127:3-5). What’s something about your family that you think is just awesome?
- God gave you the people in your life so you can bless them (Ephesians 2:10). What’s something you do really well that blesses other people?