BEANS AND RICE WEEK IS BACK!
Beginning on March 14-15, Crossroads is, once again, saving cash by eating beans and rice. In Kids’ Club, kids will hear about Beans and Rice Week, too, and how giving up something can not only free up resources to give but also help us focus on Jesus. You can check out the lessons on our weekend blog. You can also find out more details, like where the money will go, how to give and even some tasty recipes by clicking HERE.
KID-FRIENDLY IDEAS FOR BEANS AND RICE WEEK
We know kids may need more nutrition than just beans and rice, so here are a few alternative ways your kids can participate:
- Help your kids pack a lunch for school and stash their lunch money.
- Have your kids eat beans and rice with you, but supplement their meals with other foods as needed.
- If you usually have a night out as a family, stay in and make dinner together.
- Get a movie at the library instead of renting one.
- When kids ask you for something at the grocery store, see if they want to give that money instead.
- Suggest that your kids give away their allowance this week.
- Instead of paying for a family outing, go to a park or play a game at home.
TALK ABOUT IT TOGETHER
Check out the March 14-15 Daily Talk Starters for ideas about how to talk more about why we’re giving up our normal meals (or something else) this week. You can also read THIS cool blog post (written by one of our families!) with a lesson for kids about saving and giving.
SHARE YOUR FAMILY’S EXPERIENCE
Check out Crossroads.net/beansandriceweek to find out how to share this experience with other families using #spreadthelove.
And here’s an example of what this week could look like for your family: